If you love pasta as much as I do, then you will love this quick pasta dish.
- Mince meat
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Tomato Sauce (from jar or homemade if you are feeling adventurous)
- Fry mince then take out and leave to one side. Cut up and fry onions and mushrooms then add mince back in.
- Finally, add tomato sauce to meat and serve over pasta
- If you like more sauce then heat it pan (on simmer) and add to pasta and meat.
Quick, simple and very cheap!
Are you sick of eating boxed easy mac? Macaroni and cheese was one of my favorite meals when I was a child and now that I’m in college I always go to buy Kraft Easy Mac’s to make for my dinner. Surprisingly, I find that it’s a little cheaper to make from scratch for the mere fact that I can buy most of the ingredients in bulk, and it will last me for quite a while. Although it’s not the healthiest meal, most college students go straight for it because it’s so easy. Here is a great recipe for Macaroni and Cheese that is simple, and even affordable.
Macaroni & Cheese
- Plain flour
- Boil some water and when the water is boiled put in the macaroni (how ever much of it that you want) and leave for 10 mins.
- While waiting for the water to boil/ macaroni to cook, in a pan melt a nob or two of butter.
- Add a splash or so of milk so that the melted butter and milk is nice and liquidy.
- Add some grated cheese, enough cheese that when it melts into the milk/butter consistency it gets quite thick.
- Add like a teaspoon or so of plain flour. Again just enough to make the mixture fairly thick.
- Have a little taste, add some more cheese if the mixture needs it to make it either more cheesey or thick. If you add too much then just add some more milk or butter. If its still not thick enough however just put in a little bit more flour. Basically add however much of everything to create the thickness/texture that you desire.
- When the pasta is done drain the water and mix in with the sauce.
Some people do enjoy baked mac and cheese so to do this put mac and cheese in an oven proof dish and bake until the top goes crispy brown.
pepper (as in salt ‘n’ pepper) to calm the cheesey flavour.
Ketchup – cheese and tomato – the best ever combination.
Yummy! Enjoy 🙂
For more information on where I got this recipe and about it click here: http://studentrecipes.com/recipes/vegetarian/macaroni-cheese/