When I go grocery shopping, I usually buy the bare minimum of what I need. I never really think about what I’m going to make. I just think, as long as I’m getting protein and it fills me, it doesn’t matter! Plus, it saves me money when I don’t buy those extra things. This usually means I make a plain piece of meat with maybe a little pepper on it, and end up dipping it in balsamic vinaigrette so it’s not so dry… because let’s face it, I will always over cook my food. Today I was sick of doing the same old thing and decided to try out something new. I had heard about a website from my mom that could tell you recipes based off of what food you already had. It was perfect for a day like today! The website is: myfridgefood.com. It’s amazing. All you need to do is check off what items you already have, and click ‘find recipes’, and it gives you a whole bunch of recipes that you can make with these ingredients! Granted, most of the recipes that came up for me included one item that I didn’t have, but I borrowed the last item from my friend. I thought this recipe was perfect because it does not have a ton of different ingredients, it’s extremely easy to make, and it was delicious!
Check it out:
Easy Honey Pork (It even has easy in the recipe name!!)
**Makes 4 servings**
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless pork lion, pounded thin
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1) In a shallow dish, mix together flour, salt and pepper. Dredge pork cutlets in the flour mixture.
2) In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chops, and brown both sides. Transfer to a warm plate.
3) Mix honey and pecans into the pan drippings. Heat through, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over cutlets.
Simple as that!
Here’s a picture of mine when I was finished (sorry for the horrible quality picture!):
See more information about the recipe at : http://myfridgefood.com/viewrecipe.aspx?recipe=1016#sthash.zUTXI55L.dpuf