I almost never eat breakfast in the morning, which is a really bad habit to get into. I usually never have time, or I just don’t know what to make. Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day because it jump starts your metabolism. Here is a delicious recipe for a quick and easy breakfast meal.
Better Bacon-Egg-and-Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices Canadian bacon (or whatever you prefer)
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh goat cheese (or any type of cheese that you like)
1) In a medium non-skillet, cook bacon over medium until warmed through, 2 minutes.
2) Transfer bacon to 1 slice toast. Season eggs with salt and pepper; add to skillet and cook until set around edge, about 2 minutes.
3) Flip and cook 30 seconds. Fold into quarters and place on bacon; top with tomato and season with salt and pepper.
4) Spread goat cheese on remaining toast, and sandwich.
Obviously, you can switch up the ingredients to fit your preference! Finished product:
Check out more quick and easy breakfast recipes here: http://www.marthastewart.com/274372/quick-and-easy-breakfast-recipes/@center/277005/back-school#907425
- Toasted Breakfast Sandwich (williams-sonoma.com)
- Bacon, Egg, Tomato & Cheddar-Garlic Mayo Club Sandwich Recipe (greatbritishchefs.com)
- Recipe of the Day: Bacon and Jalapeño Egg Sandwich (news.health.com)
- Tale #17 Egg White Frittata with Tomatoes, Spinach, Mushrooms and Goat Cheese (theravenousbeast.com)